Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving day

Journal#12The history of Thanksgiving Day in each country is different.In US, after the United States became an independent country, Congress recommended one yearly day of thanksgiving for the whole nation to celebrate. George Washington suggested the date November 26 as Thanksgiving Day. Then in 1863, at the end of a long and bloody civil war, Abraham Lincoln asked all Americans to set aside the last Thursday in November as a day of thanksgiving. In my country Iran, Thanksgiving Day is a pulic day for the nation. The people usually go to mosque or hospital to help others who need help. I would like to be a thanksful person for three reasons. Firstly, my country is safe, and there is no any anxious for our relative or for my nation. for example, during Iraq and Iran war most people were wary for their safety. Secondly, my family members are in health. For example, if a person suffers a perticular ilness, othres are worrid about him or her. Finally, I am able to provide my son's facilities to study at college.
I wish for all peopleto have these kinds of God's favor.

No comments: